If you don't know what the bouquet toss involves then you probably aren't going to do one. Basically all the single ladies are paraded on the dance floor and the bride throws her bouquet for one of them to catch. Apparently this gives the person with the greater affinity for catching unbalanced flying objects a higher chance of getting married. Who are we to disagree?
Ever since Beyonce recorded "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)" it gets played at almost every wedding for the bouquet toss, mainly because it is perfect for it. Before this song came around some other ones were popular;
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
- Raise your glass - Pink
- Wannabe - Spice Girls
- Independent Woman - Destiny's Child
- Lady Marmalade (new or old version)
You could basically place any 'girl power' song in here at all.
The garter typically involves the groom removing the brides garter from her leg (often with his teeth) and then throws it towards all the single (gentle)men who have been hearded towards the dance floor. If you aren't comfortable with this just don't do it, instruct your MC not to announce it and put N/A on the request form.
However if you do want to play a song or songs for this section typically something sexy for the removal or something to fire the guys up will work well. Songs like;
- Pony - Ginuwine
- Hot In Herre - Nelly
- Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
- You Shook Me All Night Long - ACDC
- Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
- Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye
- Turn Down For What - DJ Snake & Lil Jon
- Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
- Sweet Child O Mine - Guns n Roses.
QUICK LINKS TO OTHER SECTIONS OF THE REQUEST FORM