For some bridal couples the last dance song of the night is just as important as the first one. Whether it be a song from your favourite movie ... *cough's* ... 'Dirty Dancing' or just a song that you know everyone will enjoy and jump up for one last dance for we'd love to hear what you want us to play.
Typically at most receptions the final dance song refers to the last song of general dancing and is done just before the bouquet toss, garter throwing and farewell. However if you have already tossed those items the last dance will be just before the farewell. Don't confuse it with the song that you are leaving to.
There are 3 typical ways to finish off a wedding reception, however if you have something different in mind then we are more than happy to accomodate. Those three ways are;
1. THE CIRCLE - The MC arranges all the guests in a circle (square) around the dance floor area and the bride and groom go around to all the guests saying goodbye to them individually. This typically takes 15 to 30 minutes depending on number and long windedness of you and your guests. If you are planning on having a circle please enter an appropriate number of songs for the DJ to play at this time. If you get around the circle quicker than expected and plan on doing an archway to follow we will just jump to the archway song at that time. If you aren't farewelling everyone using the circle method then just put n/a on the form.
2. THE ARCHWAY - Your guests are lined up in two lines to form an archway/tunnel for you to run out through. This typically involved arse grabbing and takes about 3 or 4 minutes so you need only select one song. Often a farewell circle will be followed by an archway immediately after. If you are not
3. LAST TO LEAVE - This one is typically more popular in Eastern cultures where the bride and groom stay back and farewell their guests one by one. For this style of farewell we would typically just continue with your background music selections unless other wise mentioned. Please enter "n/a" in the farewell section of the request form.
commonly selected songs for last dance and farewell.
- 4 string - Take me away
- Good Riddance - Greenday
- Give Me Everything Tonight - Pitbull, Ne-Yo and Nayer
- Grease Megamix (or individual songs)
- I've Had The Time Of My Life - Medley/Warnes
- Feel So Close - Calvin Harris
- Senorita - Justin Timberlake
- Shake A Tail Feather - Ray Charles
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye
- Man in the Mirror - Michael Jackson
QUICK LINKS TO OTHER SECTIONS OF THE REQUEST FORM